The Mount, Sparepenny Lane, Farningham, Dartford DA4 0JH
Sparepenny Lane got its name in the 18th century when you could spare a penny by using the lane instead of the toll road at the other end of the village. The Mount is one of three large manor houses in the village.
This was where William and Marion Benson lived for many years and where Alick and Hugh were born.
The Mount is an elegant, grade 2 listed, Regency house built in 1820 for William Colyer. It has lovely views over the Darent Valley and is within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
It was marketed for sale in 2010 and consisted of 2.82 acres with 6 bedrooms (2 in the attic), 3 reception rooms, a kitchen / breakfast rooom, a laundry room, 2 bathrooms, a substantial cellar and attractive gardens. It also had outbuildings which comprise a former coach house which is now 4 store rooms and a stable. It sold for £1,150,000.
This site powered by The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding ©, v. 9.0.4, written by Darrin Lythgoe 2001-2020