Osborne House, on the Isle of Wight, was the seaside retreat of Queen Victoria, Prince Albert and their nine children.
Queen Victoria and Prince Albert purchased Osborne House, on the Isle of Wight, and its estate from Lady Isabella Blachford in 1845. In 1848 the old house was demolished and a new three-storey pavilion with flagtower and main and household wings was built by Thomas Cubitt to create a family palace of extreme opulence with extravagant interiors. Osborne House became Queen Victoria's country getaway.
return to the story of Ellis Wareham.
This site powered by The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding ©, v. 9.0.4, written by Darrin Lythgoe 2001-2017